Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Visits from Distant Relatives

By distant, I mean that I live in WA and they live in CO. Earlier this month, my Uncle Clint came to visit with his family.
Photobucket
I hadn't seen him in about 15 years, so I was really excited. Plus, I was getting to meet my tiny cousin for the first time! Technically, she's my only real first cousin. All others are biologically second or third cousins. There is also about 7months difference between little A and my Potato Wedge. Neither of the girls wanted to cooperate for group pictures.
Photobucket
They did okay though when Amy came into the picture. Kind of.
Photobucket
Clint, Amy, Debbie, and Little A arrived sometime around 1130pm thanks to some scheduling issues. But they got here safe. Clint asked me right off the bat, "Do you have something against civilization??" lol The answer is Yes. Especially after living in Tacoma for 3 years. It's a good thing they have GPS in the rental van. Sweet Little A, she didn't have a problem letting this entirely new person get her out of her car seat and snuggle. Well, until we got inside and she saw Mama. Ah, the advantages of sleepy toddlers. Amy, Clint, and I stayed up til about 3am just talking.
Potato got up first in the morning. So I got up, got her dressed and took her walking outside while we let the others wake. When we came back after saying hi to the puppy dog, they were all up and in the living room. The girls got along so well. It was sweet. Little A even showed Potato how to use her Sit n Spin.
Photobucket
They hugged each other so enthusiastically, they toppled right onto the floor after the flash went off!
Photobucket
Potato also helped Amy and Little A get ready for the day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Potato really like Amy, who is quite sweet.
Photobucket
Potato shared her coloring books, and her rabbit ears.
Photobucket
Photobucket
At some point, the girls found some balloons left over from Potato's birthday. This cracks me up every time I watch it.

When it was about time for them to leave, Potato and Little A began plotting how to ditch the rest of us.
Photobucket
They finished the visit with several hugs, like good friends and loving cousins.
Photobucket

No comments: