Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a Bit like Christmas....

To be quite honest, I just haven't been really feeling geared up for Christmas. Actually, it seems most the people I know aren't really feeling it this year. Maybe it's the economy and tough times for all. Maybe it's the weather. Gray skies bringing mostly rain or falling slush isn't exactly a winter wonderland spectacular. I know for me, part of the problem is where I live. This apartment is so tiny and so much of my life is still packed in boxes. There isn't really room to decorate like I love to. Amazingly though, after a serious reorganization of inventory into more uniformly sized boxes, I have freed up an entire wall that was just boxes upon boxes of stuff!
As a reward, and motivation, my faux tree loving boyfriend bought me a REAL tree!! I'm so bloody happy about this. Fake trees bum me out. I miss the pine smell that fills my home. I'd rather sweep and vacuum needles than spend a couple hours fluffing plastic. We are waiting to decorate it until Bug is over here for the holiday season. This means Saturday night! Woohoo! But I will share a pic of my naked tree, cause I'm just so dang nabbed excited to have it.
Photobucket

This last weekend, Bug, Pix, and Bear spent their weekend at large family Christmas/December birthday bash. Bear's hair was getting a little long, which means plenty of curls. It seems every time his hair reaches this stage, my ex-husband and his folks decide Bear needs his hair cut. Out come the clippers, no more curl, and no more of the length on top I keep trying to get! My Bear loves to have his hair slicked back and gelled. So before his dad picked him, I pulled out the clippers. He's so good holding still... mostly. Curls are such a hassle to cut, but better me than them!! I also gelled his hair, which I think they hate. lol
Photobucket

Now they are talking about giving my Pixy a pixie cut!! They want to see if it'll make that baby hair grow in thicker. IT WON'T!! She has my hair. I kept my hair short when I was younger, and it never grew in thicker until after I had Bug. If they cut her hair to a pixie close cut, it's going to take freaking forever. I told my ex if she comes back with close cut, somebody is in some seriously deep mess. I'll even have the custody papers written up preventing any future mishaps, if I have to. Extreme? Maybe. But so is a pixie cut on a girl who loves to play with different hair styles.
Ok, sorry, had to get that rant out.

When Ex dropped off the kids, I tried to get a pic of all 4 of them for me to have printed and shipped out with the holiday cards. This was the best one. Boys! Argh.
Photobucket

Of course, there's always the silly faces pose.
Photobucket

It was kind of snowing when I was taking pics of the kids. It had been wavering in and out all of Sunday. It finally picked up some steam, and started sticking after the Ex and Bug left for home.
Photobucket

Unfortunately, the snow didn't stick around for us, and the rain shooed it away by morning. Growing up on the other side of the state, I have to laugh when this side of the state shuts down at an inch of snow. But yesterday there was only 1/2 an inch, so it was two hour delays for nearly all the school districts, except two. My daughter is in one that ran on time. Whoohoo!! Can you believe Seattle's new plan to deal with a major snow storm still leaves parts of the city essentially shut down and snowed in? How insane is that?

It's supposed to rain the next 10 days. Merry Gloomy Christmas. Where's my SNOW??? Oh, right, it's in the mountains.

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Hi Courtney dear, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you so very much for your lovely comments recently (and throughout 2009), they mean a tremendous amount to me.

I really hope that your year is off to a sparklingly fantastic start, and that each of the days that follows will continually be even more amazing for you than the last!

Big hugs & endless joyful wishes for 2010,
♥ Jessica